Today we are faced with the task of preparing an interior design project for an IT company office. The main request of the customer was to implement a comfortable space for the work of the company's employees in the Open Space format, while maintaining the office capacity. It was also important for the client to use corporate colors and style in the design.
At the initial stage of preparation of the interior design project, ZIKZAK specialists began to study the tasks.
It was important to take into account the priority requests of the client:
1) Comfortable and supportive atmosphere of home coziness.
2) Limited budget.
3) Use of corporate colors and style in the design.
After that, ZIKZAK designers started design work.
The atmosphere of office rooms, in the Open Space format, is the main task that requires implementation.
The solution was found by studying the basic needs of employees and creating the most favorable and comfortable working conditions, close to office ones, while maintaining the open space format.
There are two main aspects in the chamber format that attract employees:
1) Lack of noise.
2) The possibility of privacy.
The first request was solved through the active use of sound absorbing materials:
2) Soft furniture panels, which simultaneously absorb sound and divide employees into working groups, as well as visually separate the workplace from the aisle.
3) Curtains and suspended ceiling islands, including a lighting fixture of the required brightness.
The problem of the possibility of privacy in the Open Space format was solved in a systematic way. It was important to provide an atmosphere of privacy, in moments of special concentration and immersion in the work process. The contractor closed this need by creating several zones that would provide such an opportunity:
1) Special skype rooms for 1-2 people, which will provide an opportunity to ensure comfortable negotiations, in a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
2) Mini-lounge areas and meeting rooms that allow you to set the right tone for a conversation in a friendly, relaxing atmosphere. This approach ensures easy and mutually beneficial compromises in difficult situations.
The space on which the terrace is located is a place for summer relaxation and communication. That is why it is so important to equip it correctly for a comfortable pastime of employees.
The contractor implemented the following solution:
1) The north side was equipped with hammocks, which created an ideal retreat.
2) South side, was implemented as an area with the placement of chairs and sun loungers, for small companies, as well as for 1 on 1 communication.
In addition, the general atmosphere was complemented by small plants and local lighting.
The designers proposed a solution for the use of decking. However, due to the limited budget, we chose the option with concrete slabs with small gaps filled with pebbles.
CHALLENGES DURING THE IMPLEMENTATION
In the course of work, unforeseen problems also arose that required a lightning-fast solution. The developer was in a hurry to meet the deadlines and installed engineering networks without taking into account the office project. Because of this, the designers had to work with the engineers very quickly: they build, the design studio gives recommendations on the general style.
There were no final results at that time, general solutions were developed, which ultimately led to compromise solutions that satisfied the client's requests.
As a result, a full-fledged interior design project of the IT company office was implemented, in the Open Space format, with an area of 1100 sq.m + a terrace (175 sq.m). We took into account all the wishes of the customer and implemented an innovative and modern design project that met all the client's requests.