ZIKZAK was approached by the owners of a plot of 0.10 hectares with a request to integrate a modern residential building up to 350 m² with a comfortable relaxation zone into the dense barrier-free environment of a closed cottage community near the Dnieper Bay.
A private area with ergonomic logistics in an eco-tech style. Floating partially exploited roofs. Panoramic energy-saving glazing, interpenetration of the residential and natural space of the estate.
For the effective development of the area of the site, the ZIKZAK team using BIM-design has developed a comprehensive solution for the ergonomic and comfortable use of the existing volume.
• the front part of the house with a garage, the main entrance and a blank wall of the furnace block 80% of the access of strangers to the site;
• on the first tier, the guest bedroom is isolated in a separate block with its own entrances to the hall and to the open lounge-zone;
• a master bedroom with a dressing room and a bathroom occupies the left wing of the second level;
• the roof of the guest room – a 15m² relaxation balcony for the master bedroom;
• the garage canopy covers the windows of the dressing room and the owner’s bathroom from the street side;
• children’s rooms are separated by a spacious combined bathroom and personal dressing rooms;
• the panoramic glazing of the office on the second floor overlooks the closed courtyard of the owners;
• a terrace canopy and a side wall with a barbecue hides the lounge area from neighbors.
Living space logistics 80 LVL:
• on the ground floor 0 steps;
• entrance to the garage directly from the street;
• from the main entrance to the panoramic doors to the lounge area 8 meters in a straight line;
• right at the entrance: a spacious dressing room and the first guest bathroom;
• one turn to the left: a guest block with a bathroom and a utility block;
• one turn to the right: stairs to the second floor, storage room, kitchen, laundry;
• two steps to the left: 70m² studio with panoramic windows and access to a 54m² terrace;
• sheltered from the weather and sun laatnzh-zone leads to the pool 55 m2, connected open transitions with a hall and a guest block;
• terrace with fireplace, barbecue, sink, kitchen island-bar;
• fireplace 2-in-1: in the house and on the terrace.
What constructive planning solutions are involved in the project:
• in the plan, the house interprets the letter H, forming external protrusions and an inner illuminated courtyard;
• orientation of the private part of the house to the south-west for maximum natural light and heating;
• earthquake-resistant monolithic frame construction on an insulated strip foundation;
• energy-efficient ventilated sandwich facade: porcelain stoneware, air gap, non-combustible mineral insulation, ceramic block;
• the point distribution of the load-bearing elements of the building relieved the internal space from powerful partitions;
• multifunctional roof of the first tier;
• natural lighting in living quarters, kitchen, laundry, bathrooms, stairs;
• 40% of the walls – panoramic glazing, energy-saving double-glazed windows with UF protection;
• fire and functional exits around the perimeter;
• air recovery system;
• energy efficiency class of the building A +;
• on the site: well, septic tank, concrete paths, landscape design elements and lighting
Aesthetic aspects of the project.
ZIKZAK team integrated the project into the existing low-rise buildings of a respectable cottage town.
Eco-tech style with visually weightless roofs, natural finishing materials and transparent facades fits the building perfectly into the landscape. The inhabitants of the house are immersed in a safe, visually limitless space of wildlife.